Taylor Swift is back with a new single, new album…and a new makeup look. The country cutie is all over the radio (and Melinda’s iPod!) with her latest single ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together’ and Taylor is all over the red lip, which could have something to do with her album name – RED!
So we’re taking some chicspiration from Taylor with a look that will “never, ever, ever” (yes I went there!) go out of style…
Taylor has opted for a timeless and sophisticated bun, which is positioned at the nape of her neck. I’m loving the fact she is wearing her hair straight and has committed to it all the way by incorporating a lovely full fringe. Even if you don’t have a fringe (like me), a bun is always a stylish hair option.
1. Wash and blow-dry your hair as you normally would, the day before. Next day hair is much easier to work with for an up do.
2. Create a bun by brushing hair into a ponytail and securing with a hairtie.
3. Wrap the hair around the base of the ponytail and secure with bobby pins.
4. Grab some hairspray and lightly spray your hair, smoothing down any uncooperative strays, and you’re done!
Taylor has continued the classic look by wearing a winged eye and red lip. Both of these makeup elements take a lot of practice, but the payoff is well worth it. You may remember we recently shared some tips for the perfect red lip and picked 5 great red lip products too, so you can always revisit that post for a little help (I know I have)!
– Choose a neutral eyeshadow to brush over your eyelids.
– Using a liquid or gel eyeliner, hold the outer corner of your eye taut and glide the brush along the lashline. If you can manage, add a flick to give it a little oomph.
– Finish with 2 to 3 coats of mascara. I like to use both a lengthening mascara and a volumising mascara to achieve fantastically fluttery lashes.
– Keep the cheeks quite subtle, so as not to compete with your eyes or lips.
– Use a blush colour close to your natural hue to give your cheeks a wash of colour (just a little wash, not the long cycle that takes like 2 hours…!).
– Choose the most ravishing red lipstick you can handle.
– Ensure your lips are smooth and moisturised.
– Line lips with a matching pencil.
– Apply your lipstick. Blot. Apply it again.
– Try to refrain from eating, drinking, kissing or breathing prior to going out so you don’t have to reapply. But do make sure that you take your lipstick with you to revamp the colour between courses or drinks.
Here are some products to help you get started…
1. Napoleon Perdis DéVine Goddess Lipstick in ‘Aphrodite’ ($35.00) // 2. Australis Cosmetics Intensifeye Liquid Liner ($12.95) // 3. Napoleon Perdis Colour Disc Eyeshadow in ‘Ultra Suede’ ($29.00) // 4. Napoloeon Perdis Mosaic Flushing ($60.00) // 5. Australis Cosmetics Multi Mega Lash Mascara ($12.95)
Are you a Taylor Swift fan? Do you have any failsafe tips for a winged eye or a red lip?
Want more Shop Me Chic? Twitter | Facebook | BlogLovin | Pinterest | RSS | Subscribe For Email Updates | Sign Up for Our Newsletter